When you think of your mother, what comes to mind? Perhaps a certain memory, an array of colors or emotions. Whatever it is, it can surely be translated into a work of art.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be nice to pay tribute to all of the wonderful mothers around the world by having a contest that centers around the theme of art. The contest is very simple. All you have to do is complete the following phrase in your own words:
If my mother were a work of art . . .
Mother’s Day Contest Prizes
As a prize, I will be offering up two of my original jewelry pieces (displayed here). Both pendants were handcrafted by me using 100% fused glass and come with a silver chain and a colorful gift box. You can keep the pendant for yourself or give it to your mom as a gift on Mother’s Day.
The FIRST prize winner will have their pick between one of the two pendants. The remaining pendant will go to the RUNNER UP. Each pendant will be delivered to the winners for FREE.
How to Enter the Mother’s Day Contest
- Complete the phrase “If my mother were a work of art . . .” with whatever comes to mind. Please keep your submission to 100 words or less.
- Post your submission using the Comment box near the bottom of this page. Be sure to include your name (or alias) and email address where indicated. (Please note that only your name/alias and contest submission will be visible to the public. Your email will only be visible to me.)
- All submissions will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) creativity, (2) emotion evoked, and (3) artistic depiction of the wording.
- DEADLINE extended to Friday, April 29th!
- Winners will be announced on Sunday, May 1, 2016. If you are one of them, I will contact you by email to arrange for delivery of your prize.
I look forward to reading your submissions and learning more about your mother through your artistic interpretation.
In the meantime, have fun and stay true to your journey!